Emergency Shelter and Services
In providing shelter, we offer:
- Safe and clean emergency sleeping space & bedding
- Dorm rooms offering housing for eight individuals in each room
- Access to mail (send & receive) and telephone (with long distance services)
- Warm balanced meals served onsite daily
- Access to computers for e-mail and job searches
A member of the Case Management Team will meet with a new resident on the next business day after their admittance. We will assess the individual’s situation, note their challenges and barriers, and help to develop a personalized plan for self-sufficiency.
We serve Immediate Personal Needs with:
- Access to basic personal needs items (e.g. soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.)
- Sheets, pillow, and blanket
- Access to onsite laundry facility and supplies
- Clean shower facilities
- Clothing vouchers
- An evening meal, breakfast, and lunch on weekdays and holidays
We offer Safety & Support with:
- 24-hour access to onsite support staff
- Background checks on all residents’ to confirm eligibility
- Immediate referrals for crisis intervention
- Morale & self esteem building activities
- Mediation to address residents concerns or challenges
- Mandatory medication storage for safety & staff monitoring
- Funds to cover cost of obtaining a picture I.D. (a requirement to be eligible to stay)
- Bus tokens for individuals to travel to meet appointments, obtain job applications, and interview for jobs
- Each resident is assigned a facility chore and is required to complete it daily.
- Residents must sign in and sign out when leaving the grounds of the New Community Shelter.
- We have a 10 p.m. curfew nightly.
- We utilize an onsite breathalyzer as well as onsite drug testing to maintain our zero tolerance policy.
- The expectations of each resident of the New Community Shelter are clear, structured, and enforced. An • Agreement for Residency is established with every resident and failure to uphold this agreement will lead to that person being asked to leave.